Senior Tax Manager
Are you an experienced, qualified tax accountant looking to join a growing accountancy team?
We are dedicated to providing our employees a diverse and dynamic career ahead. We value our hardworking team, have a forward-thinking approach, and are ready to expand.
We are looking for passionate individuals with a strong academic background, ready to lead a team and support our clients every step of the way.
Role responsibilities for the Corporate Tax Manager:
- Reviewing tax computations prepared by the audit and accounts team prior to submission to HMRC
- Sending out computations and returns for client approval, and ensuring they are submitted on time
- Preparation and review of corporation tax returns for a range of complex clients
- Monitoring tax return progress to ensure timely completion and submission to the Revenue
- Advising corporate tax clients of tax liabilities due on a timely basis
- Liaising directly with clients to ensure both accurate and prompt completion of tax returns
- Deal with HMRC enquiries into the affairs of clients
- Provide advisory and consultancy support on a broad range of ad-hoc projects to the Tax Partner and other Partners or Associates
- Liaising with HMRC regarding corporate tax compliance checks including drafting HMRC responses to enquiries
- Advising clients on the eligibility of research and developments, tax credits, and prepare reports to accompany tax computations
- Assisting with ad hoc advisory projects such as restructures, share schemes, and technical memorandums
- Oversee the corporate tax workflow including meeting deadlines, setting budgets, and billing
- Working on a broad range of ad hoc tax consultancy assignments including; reorganisations, R & D tax, share schemes, property hive ups, international tax, etc.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities
- Supporting the tax team and mentoring and developing junior staff members
Requirements for the Corporate Tax Manager:
- You will ideally be ACA/CTA qualified having experience in Corporate Tax compliance services in a medium-size practice
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget
- Significant experience in overseeing a client compliance cycle and ensuring deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Some experience in identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines
- High level of management/supervision skills
- Organised and proactive
- Ideally proficient in Quickbooks, Xero, Zoho, and Microsoft Office, including Excel
We offer a competitive package including extensive benefits for you, a comfortable warm, and friendly environment with great people, and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer.
CIGMA Accounting take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Life insurance
- Day shift (required)
If you would like to know more, please get in touch at email@example.com.