Kickstarter Trainee Accountant
Reporting directly to the director of the company, the role is based in London and work will consist of all day to day accountancy, admin and tax matters affecting the companies clients. There will be considerable interaction with the director and other members of our growing team to help service our client needs.
Role responsibilities for Trainee Accountant:
- Preparing draft accounts for review.
- Preparing other financial information such as reconciliations and cash flows to assist senior staff members.
- Double entry bookkeeping, reviewing bookkeeping entries from clients, analysing receipts and entries and reconciling accounts.
- Liaising with clients and following up on potential business leads.
- Creating and sending out invoices.
- Administering payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable and keeping records accurate and up to date.
- Researching and presenting to colleagues, updates to tax legislation affecting our clients.
- Checking data entries for accuracy.
Please note that the job description outlines some key responsibilities we would expect from candidates related to this position. However, subject to business needs, the company reserves the right to amend as necessary.
Requirements for Trainee Accountant:
- strong numerical and communication skills with outstanding academic achievements.
- excellent attention to detail
- an excellent ability to analyse and process large amounts of data for inaccuracies and errors
- enhanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel including the ability to work with and create formulae with ease
- an ability to take ownership of particular tasks and processes, looking for ways to improve efficiencies and streamline current processes and practices
- a proactive ability to prioritise and organise given unpredictable nature of work flow.
- ideally, the candidate should also have an ability to use accounting software, as well as general computer software, to input and amend data and records.
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm
- Saturday, 9am to 2pm
Flexible working arrangements may be considered, subject to business needs.
Hourly rate of pay:
- National minimum wage
We recognise that it is crucial to offer our employees regular support and training as you are the future finance professionals of our business. We are dedicated to use our skills, knowledge, and expertise to help you to build the bridge between your knowledge and the practical aspects of accountancy and tax. Throughout your time at CIGMA personal Accounting Ltd, you will benefit from a personal training schedule that will cover accountancy knowledge, accountancy skills, and commercial awareness.
See below some of the opportunities available to you in this role:
- regular, day-to-day catch-ups and training with the director of the company in person (COVID-19 restrictions permitting) or on a video conference call;
- training on how to use accounting software;
- Training on how best to liaise with clients to answer initial queries when following-up on potential business leads. Note that we aim to be trusted business advisors as well as accountants, so it is important that we understand and are at ease with our client’s world and are able to converse in their language.
- other skills training such as presentation skills, resilience and time management, negotiation, client care, and professional standards;
- one-to-one support to you in any areas of individual development; and
- active encouragement to attend sessions on topical accountancy and tax issues and accountancy and tax updates.
If you would like to know more, please get in touch.